In this test you will select three task slips from those before you. After selecting three, choose the one you feel you are most capable to speak about and return the other two to the table face down. Then take about a minute to collect your thoughts before you begin to speak on the topic. You may refer to the topic as needed. Take a deep breath and begin.
1. 1.One important event in the world is the changing of the seasons.
· Describe two seasons you know best.
· Give advantages and disadvantages of each.
· If you could live all year Speaking Comprehension Test for 7- 8th Form Students in only one season, which would it be and why?
2. An American visitor has come to spend six weeks in your town.
· Give the American some information about your town, its history and features.
· Tell the American some good places to shop, to eat, and to relax.
· Warn the American about the ways your town is different from his home in America.
3. Pollution may be a problem in your community and others in our region.
· Describe any problems with pollution in the area where you live.
· Talk about the effects of pollution on the people, the plants and the animals.
· Tell Speaking Comprehension Test for 7- 8th Form Students what you think should and could be done to make the situation better.
4. You want very much to have a family pet.
· Give arguments against having a pet.
· Give arguments in favor of having a pet.
· Tell what you will do to make adding a pet to the family easier for all.
5. More and more реорle can now buy automobiles, home appliances and computers.
· Tell how these new purchases will change home and work life for реоple.
· Tell both positive and negative effects of these changes.
· If you could choose one new purchase for your family, what would you Speaking Comprehension Test for 7- 8th Form Students choose and why?
6. Pupils your age are educated very differently in other parts of the world.
· From what you have read and observed, describe a different system of education you know
· Tell the good and bad outcomes for you if you were to be educated in the different system
7. Families and homes look different all over the world.
· Describe families and homes in at least one other country you have learned about – it might be a family from a book you have read or a movie you have seen.
· Tell the advantages and disadvantages of at least one other type of Speaking Comprehension Test for 7- 8th Form Students family and another type of home from your studies and observations.
8. Many parents dislike video games.
· Explain why parents don’t like their children to play video games.
· Explain why young people will play video games for hours, even missing class to do so. Why do young people like videogames?
· Tell what rules and agreements you feel are fair between parents and young people in the area of videogames.
9. When you consider your future, you think about different occupations to pursue.
· Give the advantages and disadvantages of at least two professions, such as doctor, economist, teacher.
· What new Speaking Comprehension Test for 7- 8th Form Students professions will exist in the world when you become an adult?
· What profession do you think you will follow as an adult and why?
10. It is always interesting to try to imagine the future.
· How do you think your life as an adult will be different from the lives of your parents?
· What are some good changes you look forward to?
· Tell about some possible negative changes that may happen in the future that will make your life less pleasant than the life of your parents and grandparents.
11. Look into a crystal ball. What do you see Speaking Comprehension Test for 7- 8th Form Students?
· Imagine who you will be twenty years from now. Tell about your self and your life.
· What wild inventions and changes will have occurred in the next twenty years?
· Try to predict what things in your life will never change and which will change and tell why.
12. You are going to write to a British pen pal.
· What will you tell your pen pal about your school?
· What will you tell your pen pal about your community?
· What will you tell your pen pal about your country?
13. You have a chance to go to university in an English-speaking country.
· You Speaking Comprehension Test for 7- 8th Form Students will not be home for five years. How will you deal with this?
· What will you take with you to remind you of your home?
· What would be the important reasons to go? The important reasons not to go?
14. You decide to write a history book:
· What time period do you decide to focus on?
· What area of the world do you write about?
· Do you think history books are important for understanding today’s world? Why or why not?
15. A close friend of yours asks you to help him/her with a test. You know the teacher specifically Speaking Comprehension Test for 7- 8th Form Students forbade this.
· What do you choose to do? Why do you make this decision?
· If you don’t help your friend in the way he/she wants, what will you do to help him/her succeed?
· Your teacher talks to you and accuses you of cheating. How do you respond?